Relationship Tips: Do You Really Know Your Lover
Things you should know about the person you are in love with
- Have you ever felt that you person you married was not the same person you fell in love with?
- Do you think that your spouse has changed after you signed the marriage contract?
Worst still there are people who got married only to find out shocking secrets of their spouse they had never known.
One amazing story I came across was a man who after being married for 3 years found out that his wife had spent time in jail.
A woman horrifyingly found out that her husband was bisexual after having a child with him?
This does not have to be you.
|Are You Sure You Really Know Your Partner? Listen to this short podcast
Click on the play button below
Here are 10 things you should know about the person before you get married to them
- What his/her relationship status.
- Are they single and available?
- Are they divorce or separated? If they are be sure to see the evidence e.g. divorce papers
- What are his or her major goals in life? Do they match yours?
- Do they have children from ex partners? Remember they will become part of your life.
- What is his/her attitude towards children: having them and bringing them up? Nothing could be worse than ending up in a marriage with someone who doesn’t want children when you do.
- What is his/her financial status? Remember you become part liable for his/her debts when you get married.
- What is their sexual orientation of inclination? Yes you need to get this every clear in this day and age of sexual freedom.
- Do they have any criminal convictions? Many jobs application want to know this type of info, why not you.
- What type of family did they grow up in? What is their relationship to their parents and siblings? Remember this person will most probably replicate the type of family environment he or she grew up in.
- Relationship history. What type of partners did he or she tend to choose before?
- What type of friends he or she has? Birds of a feather flock together.
How do you find these things out?
Here are 10 ways you can find out more about the person you love
- Listen to your gut feeling or instinct. Many people ignore their intuition and later regret.
- If you are religious pray and listen to the spirit
- Listen to what your friends and family are saying. If the majority are telling you that this person is not right for you, you need to reconsider.
- Get to know their family. You can learn a lot by learning about his or her family history. If that person is from a different country or culture you need to visit and live in that place to see what type of influence shaped your lover.
- If it is possible it would be good to know something about his or her past relationship and why they broke down. You may find a pattern that would be helpful in know more about your prospective mate.
- Get know his friends. Also find out about what other people are saying about this person.
- Observe how this person treats other people.
- Listen very carefully to the things this persons says and also pay keep attention to his or her actions.
- How does he or she make you feel?
- If in doubt, hold out and check it out. If you have doubts stall for time. Time will reveal a lot of things.
Click here for more relationships tips
Filed under: Relationship tips
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!